Chelsea made some big signings at the start of the transfer window but things seemed to have calmed down since then. Talk of Porto player Hulk joining the team seem to have died down. They still retain a very active interest in the Brazilian striker but the complication has arose with a payment that has to be given to a third party which had made Wigan player Moses are more likely arrival.
Victor Moses who was an England U-21 player but who now has gone to play for Nigeria has already been the subject of bids from Chelsea. Chelsea had initially offered below £5 million for the player while Wigan were holding out for closer to £10 million. Crystal Palace will be due a proportion of any fee that is agreed with Wigan.
Chelsea still need more attacking options with both Drogba and Anelka having departed. Chelsea had not enjoyed the best of pre seasons with a 3-1 loss to Brighton on Saturday with their first choice back line. Brighton Manager and former Chelsea player said: “I wouldn’t be surprised if they come out in the Charity Shield and are unbelievable, because I know how those players are,” said the Brighton manager.
“They will give something extra. For us this was the biggest game ever. For them it was just an extra game, so it is not the same. I’m sure they will get there. I can see what Roberto means [that Chelsea were short of intensity] but I think they will get it back because they are world-class players, and as soon as they are playing for something, it is going to different for sure.”
Music enthusiast with a keen eye on the urban scene on both sides of the Atlantic. Bringing you the latest news, tracks and videos from the big stars and new acts. Also dabble into American Sports. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org