Even though they failed to win the Premier League last season, Manchester United still managed to earn the top spot for the world’s Most Valuable Sports Team, with a value of $2.23 billion according to Forbes.
Real Madrid were in second place at $1.88bn, with Bronx-based baseball team the New York Yankees and NFL outfit the Dallas Cowboys joint third on $1.85bn. The fifth, sixth and ninth spots also go to other American clubs, with the Washington Redskins at $1.56bn, Los Angeles Dodgers and New England Patriots both at $1.4 bn and reigning NFL champions New York Giants at $1.3 bn. La Liga runners-up Barcelona achieve eighth place with $1.31 bn and London-based Arsenal finish out the top ten with $1.29 bn.
Top 10 Most Valuable Sports Teams
1. Manchester United ($2.23 billion)
2. Real Madrid ($1.88 billion)
3. New York Yankees ($1.85 billion)
3. Dallas Cowboys ($1.85 billion)
5. Washington Redskins ($1.56 billion)
6. Los Angeles Dodgers ($1.4 billion)
6. New England Patriots ($1.4 billion)
8. Barcelona ($1.31 billion)
9. New York Giants ($1.3 billion)
10. Arsenal ($1.29 billion)
Music enthusiast with a keen eye on the urban scene on both sides of the Atlantic. Bringing you the latest news, tracks and videos from the big stars and new acts. Also dabble into American Sports. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org